Through Digital Technologies students become confident and creative developers of digital solutions through the application of information systems and specific ways of thinking about problem solving.
Through weekly lesson in Digital Technologies, with our specialist teacher, the students acquire a deep knowledge and understanding of:
- digital systems
- data and information
- creating digital solutions
Our school is very well equipped with technology devices across the school. The students and staff at St. Leo's have access to an interactive whiteboard in every classroom, as well as a computer centre incorporated within the library. In the Prep to Two classes there are iPads and desktop computers, in grades Two to Six we have a 1:1 Chromebook program, supplied by the school. Our Grade Two to Six children all have GAFE (Google Apps for Education) accounts, allowing them to learn independently and collaboratively anywhere or anytime.
The school also has many devices to enhance our Digital Technologies curriculum and STEM program such as Spheros, Beebots, mBots and Makey Makeys.
Our belief is that computers should be seen as a tool for learning, so they need to be within easy reach of the children throughout the day.
Sphero robotics Active coding with Makey Makey
Building mBots Active coding with the Beebots
CONNECT - Educational Channel Connect - A search engine for primary students.
KidRex - A safe search engine for kids, by kids.
Safe Search Kids - A Google search engine for students where safe search is always on.
ABC Splash - Movies, games and images on many topics.
Wikipedia for kids - An easier version of Wikipedia for rersearching.
1. Reading Eggs - A fabulous reading website for students in Grades Prep, one and two.
2. This is Sand - Create amazing sand pictures online. Save them in the gallery and share them with the world.
3. Primary Games - A variety of games covering many curriculum areas and themes that will interest all children.
4. Build your Wild Self - Create an image of yourself, then make youself wild by adding animal features.
5. PBS kids - Fun online games and activites from your favourite television shows.
6. PBS Kids Go - Play a variety of games from your favourite television shows.
7. TVO kids - Fun games covering many areas of learning.
8. ABC kids - Great videos, games and activites for young children.
9. ABC Splash - Movies, games and images on many topics.
10. Global 2 - School blogging.
11. Study Ladder - Learning activities for all curriculum areas.
12. Wordle - Create word clouds
1. Webonauts - Join the Webonauts and learn the motto to stay safe online.
2. NetSmartzKids - Play games, learn songs and watch videos to learn how to stay safe online.
4. Internet Safety Hangman - Discover the word using the cybersafety clue.
5. Zippers Astro Circus - Play games about staying safe online, earn tickets and collect you rewards.
6. Surf Swell Island - Play the game, collect the jewels, answer the cybersafety questions and solve the code.
1. Spelling City - Learn spelling words online.
2. Puzzlemaker - Create spelling & maths puzzles.
3. Dance Mat Typing - Touch type online.
2. Cool Maths Games - Revise your maths skills with these fabulous games.
3. Cyberchase - Maths games.
THE ARTS -
1. ABCya Paint - an online paint, color and drawing activity for children. Fun tools and accessories such as stickers, coloring pages, spray paint, stamps, typing, rainbow brushes and much more allow kids to be creative.
2. Family Circus - Engaging drama and music activities under the big top.
3. Incredibox - Create great Beat Box music
1. Fresh for Kids - Stay healthy.
2. Playnormous - Choose healthy food.
1. National Geographic - Great images, activities, videos and games about science.
2. BBC Science - Discover the world around you